.

.

keskiviikko 16. maaliskuuta 2016

Byron Bay

Before I even came to Australia, I asked my friends who have been to Australia, which place has been their favorite. I would say that 80 % of the people said Byron Bay. The rest said Melbourne. I googled Byron Bay. Looked at the pictures, read about other peoples experiences. I decided that Byron Bay will be the place where I will get my first job in Australia and  where I will be settling down for a few months. 
After a month traveling around Australia we finally got to Byron Bay. With our high expectations, we were quite disappointed. 
I have always seen myself a little hippie(ish) girl but when I got to Byron Bay. Hippie, got a whole new meaning. I wasn't that hippie after all. 
For a few days we tried to see ourselves living there, but we couldn't.

Everything is pretty much located on one road. It has two big supermarkets, some clothing stores, cafés, restaurants, atms and pretty much everything you really need to survive there.

Anyways. Even though we didn't want to stay and work there, it is still very beautiful place and worth visiting!

Lighthouse


This is probably the most iconic place for Byron Bay. There is a very beautiful trail going all the way to the lighthouse and the views are spectacular! We also sighted tens of dolphins jumping around. Depending of the season you may see whales as well!



BEACH BEACH BEACH


Byron Bay is also popular of its surf beaches. It has spots for beginners and professionals. And for non surfers it offers nice kilometers long squeaking white sand beach to sunbath. 


There are several other things to do as well. Many people do their Skydive experience there since it is one of the cheapest spot to do it in Australia and offers amazing views too! 
People also do kayaking with dolphins which I really regret not doing it.

There are many very nice restaurants and bars which I unfortunately didn't really have money or interest to go while I was there.

Well I think I will be going back there again one day so I have time ;)

Sorry about the not so comprehensive blog post. Next one will be about Noosa!

Jasmin

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti